Cooke County Sheriff’s Office
Drug Enforcement Unit
The primary responsibility of the Drug Enforcement Unit is to enforce the controlled substances laws and regulations of the Texas Health and Safety Code, and bring to the criminal and civil justice system of the State of Texas, or any other competent jurisdiction, those organizations and principal members of organizations, involved in the growing, manufacture, or distribution of controlled substances appearing in or destined for illicit trafficking in Cooke County.
The DEU's primary responsibilities include:
- Investigation and case preparation for prosecution of major violators of controlled substance laws operating within Cooke County.
- Collection, analysis, and dissemination of strategic and operational drug intelligence information.
- Collection, analysis and dissemination of gang intelligence information.
- Seizure and forfeiture of assets derived from, traceable to, or intended to be used for illicit drug trafficking.
- Coordination and cooperation with federal, state and local law enforcement officials on mutual drug enforcement efforts.
To report suspected drug activity please email Tips@co.cooke.tx.us