Cooke County Sheriff’s Office
The Cooke County Sheriff’s Office Patrol division has the responsibility of providing law enforcement duties to approximately 39,000 citizens spread out over 900 square miles of Cooke County. The Patrol Division operates 4 patrol shifts each consisting of several deputies to cover the large geographic area. Each shift has a Patrol Corporal, who supervises and manages each shift. The Patrol Division has multiple deputies who are certified Field Training Officers by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement who train new deputies.
The Patrol Division is responsible for the proactive patrol of Cooke County and duties include:
- Detecting violations of criminal law and apprehension of criminals
- Responding to all calls for assistance from citizens
- Preservation and restoration of the peace
- DWI/Narcotics interdiction
- Protection of life and property
- Assisting other law enforcement agencies
- Crime prevention
The Patrol Division is under the command of Lieutenant Bill Dixon.
Lieutenant Bill Dixon
300 County Road 451
Gainesville, Texas 76240
To report suspected drug activity please email Tips@co.cooke.tx.us